SC Palmetto Retailers Education Program (PREP)
LRADAC is a provider of the SC Palmetto Retailers Education Program (PREP). PREP is a short course that helps reduce underage access to alcohol and tobacco and prevent over-serving patrons. The training aims to help lower the liability risks for businesses and their employees.
Approved by the Department of Revenue and the Department of Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Services, PREP is the only merchant education program available in South Carolina that covers all of the following:
- Off-Premise Alcohol Sales and Practices
- On-Premise Alcohol Sales and Practices
- Tobacco Sales and Practice
- Development of Manager/Supervisor Sales Policies
- The goal of PREP is to provide managers and servers/sellers with the knowledge and skills to comply with state-, community-, and establishment-level alcohol and tobacco policies, and to avoid the potential consequences of failing to comply with those policies.
Advantages of PREP Training
- The knowledge and skills needed to prevent a costly charge for an underage sale of alcohol or tobacco.
- The comfort of knowing how to do your job of selling tobacco and alcohol responsibly.
- A PREP certification card, good for two years.
- A PREP participant manual.
Good program. Very educational. Everyone was pleased. Very economical. Money well spent.
It was helpful. It made me pay closer attention to the distinction between fake and state issued IDs, the condition and what we can accept and what we can’t.
I have gained a lot of knowledge and feel more comfortable knowing what I know now.