- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Lexington One Community Coalition (LOCC).
- Conduct needs and resources assessments; maintain knowledge of existing health and wellness prevention resources and services.
- Interpret needs, programs and services to agencies, groups and individuals involved.
- Serve on the comprehensive health wellness council and other Lex Lives initiatives as needed.
- Serve as liaison with LRADAC and community agencies to assist in fostering new opportunities and collaborations between schools, students, parents/guardians, and community leaders.
- Represent coalition at various functions (i.e. face-to face meetings, law enforcement, presentations to school district administration, youth initiatives, and community health fairs).
- Develop, provide and prioritize educational workshop opportunities on identified issues related to health and wellness (i.e. substance abuse prevention, stress reduction, teacher/parent/student communication, etc.)
- Conduct annual LOCC survey for Lexington School District One schools.
- Provide individual and group counseling services for students.
- Refer all students expelled for drugs or alcohol for substance abuse screening.
- Conduct home visits to provide assistance to families.
- Attend school social worker and/or school counselor meetings to update school personnel on services and interventions.
- Provide educational prevention student lessons for drug and alcohol awareness and assist with any prevention programs, such as Red Ribbon Week. Prepare monthly accountability report to be submitted to the School Counseling Director by the 5th of the following month.